Thursday, January 28, 2010

Something Unusual That Happened That Day









Hey world! This is the last blog entry for the Blog-Creating Assignment. Hope you guys find this one interesting.

Life is so ordinary that rarely unusual occasions occur in our lives. However, sometimes weird things do occur...such this one unusual occasion which happened when I was on my way home from floorball training a few days back.

It was a cooling evening and I was walking home from the bus-stop. I was very tired as I just had a tough floorball training session. Mr Amir, our coach, had been in a bad mood and had tortured us throughout the whole session. I longed to lie down on my soft bed and fall asleep soundly as soon as I reach home.

As i was daydreaming while dragging my feet towards home, I suddenly noticed a small figure up in the distance. It was a young adult and looked about the same age as I was. I squinted my eyes and realised that he looked just like my friend, Desmond. Or should I say my enemy. As I came closer, I frowned. It was Desmond. He was holding a present and was looking around for someone. Curious, I called him.

"Yo Desmond! Why are you here? You don't live in this area. Scram will ya?" I said boldly. "Oh there you are! I was looking all over for you!" he smiled and started walking towards me. "Huh? Wh-what?" I said blankly. "Well you see, in the past, we've been quite mean to each other and we did terrible things to get back at each other..." "You killed my father!" I shouted. He stared at me in disbelief. "Sorry, it's just a cool phrase that I thought I'd try saying," I said cheekily, " You were saying...?" "Yes as I was saying," he continued,"I want to make it all up to you by giving you this," he indicated the present. "Take it," he added. I stared at him in disbelief. My enemy is just about to hand me a present. That is so weird! "Did you hit your head or something?" I said. "No I didn't" he said impatiently. "Take it!" He shoved the present in my arms and left immediately. I was stunned. Without thinking I called to him, "Hey Desmond, thanks!" He didn't look back but just continued walking. I felt a chill rush down my spine and I shivered.

Instantly, I ripped open the present on the spot, hoping it was something valuable. Well, there was something inside but it was neither valuable nor useful to me. It was a stuffed bunny. I was speechless. I began to recall everything that had happened. I was on my way home happily before my enemy appeared all of a sudden and handed me a present with a stuffed bunny. Okey...that was wierd. Freaked out, I shook my head and went home, the stuffed bunny in my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment