Thursday, January 28, 2010

Something That Took Place In School









Hey all! Here's my next blog entry. One more to go...

Holidays were supposed to be the times when we forget about school and just slack and enjoy life for once. However, during the holidays, I had to go back to school for my floorball training sessions. Let me relate to you an experience that I had over the holidays...

I was rather excited. The floorball team was going to have a friendly match today against Coral Secondary School. It had been a long time since we had a match and I was looking forward to it. I wanted to see how much I had improved since the last match we had.

Half an hour later, our opponents arrived. They were huge and looked strong even though they were the same age as us. I looked around at my teammates. We weren't as big and as physically strong as our opponents. They would certainly have an advantage. Nevertheless, I was confident that we could win if we played our best and as a team. We would certainly not hold back and would give it our all!

Our coach, Mr Amir, shared tactics with us before giving us pointers and good advice on how to play the game. We were lucky to have a good coach like him. Since the day we had started playing floorball in VS, he had nurtured us and developed us from harmless ducklings into fearsome wolves!

We took our positions on court. We were ready to take them on. Mr Amir, who was refereeing the match blew the whistle. The game began. The match was intense. Rough tackles were unleashed and many players were shoved hard. Nevertheless, we kept our composure and gave it our all. I tried to remain calm and played to the best of my abilities. They were a strong team but we were the better team.

Eventually, the final whistle was blown and the match was over. We were elated to have won the match and beat such a strong team like Coral despite the physical advantage they had over us. Even though I hadn't scored any goals, I had contributed to a few of the team's goals and was satisfied with my performance. I guess we managed to come out tops because we were a much bonded team and we continuously encouraged one another. This match was a wonderful experience and I learned much from it. Alone, we are harmless but as a team, we are deadly. Teamwork is the key to success.

No comments:

Post a Comment