Monday, January 25, 2010

A Problem You Encountered And How You Solved Or Managed It










Hey it's me again! Note: Everything in this post is true. Please don't think that I made it all up...

Have you ever been in a situation where you are up against an uneasy problem and it's rather hard for you to resolve it? Well, I have been in that situation loads of times. Let me relate to you a problematic moment that I would never forget...

It was a Thursday morning and I was having science lesson. As usual, Mdm Nabilah was going on and on about the circulatory system and I was bored and sleepy. I had slept quite late the night before due to the many homework that i had to complete. Actually, there wasn't that much homework but I took too many long breaks while I was doing them! After a while, when she had given us a ten minutes break, Joshua walked over to me and asked me if I had completed the English summary. My eyes widened. What English summary? Then it struck me. I realised that I had forgotten to complete the English summary assigned by Mr Maran!

Whoa, I started to panic! Instantly, I tried to do the summary when Teacher wasn't looking. I did not want to get punished from the Discipline Master. However, her sharp eyes caught sight of me not paying attention. She marched towards me and to my utmost horror, she confiscated my half-completed summary and warned me not to attempt homework in class again or I had to suffer the consequences. I was dismayed and couldn't concentrate on the lesson. I could feel my heartbeat pounding on my chest.

Soon after, the bell rang and the lesson was over. I rushed to Mdm Nabilah before apologising to her and promising not to do it again. I started writing furiously on the worksheet after I got it back from Teacher. I hoped that I would finish it in time. I even prayed that Mr Maran suddenly did not feel well and couldn't come to class! However, my hopes were dashed when I saw him approach the class with a stern face. He was in a jolly mood that day but I was worried and hoped he had forgotten about the homework.

After what seemed like years, the bell finally rang. The lesson was over. I heaved a sigh of relief. After that moment, I promised myself that I will never procrastinate or do things at the last moment. I will try not to be so forgetful and will do my homework with diligence. I may have gotten away this time but I have a gut feeling that I won't be so lucky the next time. Phew, what a relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment